Everytime we go to the Fed, I have to order a Reuben Sandwich!
I love the tart, savoury and crunchy combination of this sandwich, toasting it to melt the cheese just tops it off!
I have share my version of a reuben sandwich recipe below, I hope you love it too!
Makes two sandwiches
- 4 slices of Ploughmans Bakery Harvest Rye Bread
- 2 slices of Dairyworks cheddar cheese slices
- 8 slices of McClure's Sweet & Spicy Pickles
- 6 slices of Pastrami
- Ceres Organics Organic Sauerkraut
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon kewpie mayo
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ⅓ cup mayo
- Mix together all of the russian dressing ingredients and pop aside.
- Butter both sides of the slices of bread, layer cheese, pickles, pastrami, sauerkraut then dressing and other slice of bread.
- Toast in a sandwich press until the cheese melts.